Whether you’re the sort to swig shots at the bars, or more inclined to nestle into a duvet at home after a yoga session – you won’t want to be bundled up in full mountain wear. This range of kit should be enough to suit every mood.
– Drinking jacket to wear to the bars. Must be warm so you don’t freeze, but not too well loved. There is a high chance it will get accidentally left behind after a drunken night slugging back Jägerbombs.
– Jeans/comfy pants
– Sturdy shoes or boots. For tramping up to the bars or around the resort. Grip will become your new best friend.
– Yoga pants/tops. Stretching is just essential for any mountain goat to remain supple throughout the season.
– An endless supply of socks and underwear. Stretches of time between laundry runs can be lengthy.
– Indoor shoes or slippers
You certainly won’t need:
– Heels. Trying to trot through sloppy snow, before you even get to the slippery skidfest of a dance floor is a sure fire way to break a leg/knee/ankle. Stick with the clodhopper boots (preferably with crampons).
– Saucy outfits. It’s tricky to wear anything slightly skimpy without shivering to death on the way to and from the bars. However, season life gives you the perfect opportunity to rock a woolly jumper on a club night.